So you know those times when you just can't stand your family? Yeah. I just had one of those, and now I'm here to help you if you need the help.
I'm gonna give you my situation:
On my mother's side of the family, I only have my grandmother (Nana) left. I'm the middle grandchild out of 3 because our family is quite small. The short way I like to describe my situation is that I have middle-grandchild-syndrome - I basically get treated not so well by my Nana. I don't know why, becuase I haven't done anything horrifically wrong (or that I know of) but nonetheless, it happens. Like for my birthday, I got a £1 bar off Aero Bubbles and a skipping rope from Tescos. For my younger brother's birthday, he got 2 expensive sets of Lego and money. See the difference?
So, if you're anything like me, you will just want to go and cry into your duvet with your stupid socks while your cousins and siblings get expensive jewelry and lots of computer games.
And I'm here for you, dude, if you need it, just to listen. Because that's what sometimes makes you feel better. But if you don't want to, and think that my crappy advice is what you should take, here it is:
- If they're insulting you in front of everybody else, don't walk away. From my experience, everybody then goes, "Well aren't they in a bad mood!" It sucks. Just bear it out, seriously. That sucks, too, but it's better then being mocked afterwards.
- If you have to walk away, make a plausible excuse. Like, you need to get a glass of water or something.
- Insults in private are a bit harder to take. I wore my cream netting skirt with my combat boots the other day, and my Nana said, as we were alone in the sitting rooms, "Dear God, you look horrendous!" So if it's something like that, say: "It's super trendy right now, you know." Or if it's music, say "I think that they're very inspirational in their words and actions. The lyrical quality of their song offers an inspired inspection of the demise of the world." Something that won't make sense, but sounds so utterly middle-class, it's a perfect sentence.
- A thing you could do is just ignore them. Simply ignore them. If they come over to your house, stay upstairs, or briefly say hello and excuse yourself with something about work/homework.
- If everything else fails, start sniping back at them. Point out flaws of theirs. Your reputation as a good human being on God's list will slowly start to worsen, so you get sent to hell, but that's revenge for you.
Aaannnddd...... that was my advice for ya'll! Have a happy second-day-of-summer-day!